Awakening bone intelligence and embodying skeletal connections impacts our postural comfort. Our degree of comfort directly influences our physiological state and our emotional wellbeing.
This course helps us awaken the innate intelligence of the bones, and bring forth their natural and optimal alignment with space and gravity.
In addition, practicing skeletal awareness contributes to our felt sense of being grounded, well-integrated living beings, trust-worthy and safe in our environment.
For yoga practitioners and teachers, direct bone understanding is essential for balancing stability, mobility, comfort and clarity of perception in various postural arrangements.
Areas of exploration:
- Energy pathways and patterns underlying the embryonic development of bones
- Bone materialisation: Journey from energy/space to fluid, to soft tissue, to bone.
- Reversing the process for softening tension and subtle-body awareness
- Creating a safety container through the felt sense of ossification, and current bone density
- Embodying notochord for spinal softness and fluidity of body and mind
Bone breath, meditations and energy work:
- Bone marrow: Taoist energy practices of bone breathing for regenerating the bone marrow
- Visualisations of bone layers and shapes for direct skeletal awareness
- Respiratory movement of axial and appendicular skeleton
- Whole-body release through cranial and coccyx respiration
- Deep calmness and quietness of the skeleton-to-gravity experience
- Bone fluidity and skeleton suspension in the aquatic surrounding
Particular skeletal emphasis:
- Drawing support from our foundations: Feet bones and articulations
- The role of spinal, pubic disks and meniscus in effortlessness of movement.
- Front body and back body skeleton
- Legs to pelvic halves connections
- Arms to ribcage connections
- Shoulder-hip quadrilateral in 3 planes of movement.
- Heel arch for opening a dynamic space in the articulations
- Cranial bones. Practices for deep release of jaw and neck tension
- Bio-tensegrity: Periosteal fascia as a source of the skeletal continuity
Teachers will additionally benefit from
◊ Studying methodology of teaching Sensit Yoga and Somatics with emphasis on the skeleton
◊ Familiarity with sequencing based in developmental movement
◊ Teaching exercises in Zoom’s small break-out rooms
◊ Homework for consolidating the knowledge
◊ Continuous support throughout the course
◊ Joining the Sensit Yoga Somatics Teachers Community
20 Hours (15 contact, 5 non-contact) count towards
- Sensit Yoga Somatics Advanced Teacher Training 300hrs, and
- Yoga Alliance Continuing Education
Life-time access to all the recordings
"Sensit somatic practice has a deeply calming effect on my nervous system. Every movement arises more naturally, more easily, and the strength that is being built comes without the unnecessary tension. The way Maja teaches embodied anatomy through her meditative, step by step guidance, leads me to greater depths of awareness and self-realisation.
Being guided to initiate the movement through the consciousness of each organ, bone or other tissue, brings me into the now of my being, and turns time into means of self-knowledge. Memories of the past that arise, become useful information for the future. All this results in a sense of greater sense of confidence, self-trust, and ultimately their application in our actions outside the yoga mat!"
Ιoanna Petridou, yoga teacher, graduate of Physical Education and Sports Science school, and orthopedic assistant, 2021
"Deeply relaxating and rehabilitating"
M. Konstantoulaki, 2018
"It enriches my body perception, both in exercise and in any other form of movement. It is a silent revolution for the body-mind! It immensely helped my orientation in space when I was giving shiatsu therapy" - S.K.
"I experienced a greater connection with myself, listening to what the body has to say. Greater awareness, interoception and empathy are cultivated through micro-movements and observation". - E. Korpou, Yoga Teacher RYT500 - wellness coach | Yoga healing aka Εφη Κορπου 2021
Deep, conscious, and very liberating. This practice awakens the senses, unblocks the energy and gives the feeling of freedom and authenticity. The most gentle and at the same time enjoyable way to gain knowledge of the self and empathy toward others - E. Skopa, 2020
Very caring and multidimensional approach, with exploration and living experience at its essence. The feeling of grounding is very much felt as well as a feeling of internal volume. All the senses are increased and there are no mechanical movements. The sessions connected in a very natural way therapy with yoga practice. They teaching teaches how to connect the internal body sensation and patterns with the shape of an asana. It teaches how to prioritise the experience and then allow to express itself creatively in an asana form - Daphne Ramsi 2018